Links of Interest
Congregation Fort Smith
Congregation Etz Chaim
of Northwest Arkansas
U of A Hillel Facebook Page
Fulfilling Needs Locally
- Northwest Arkansas’ Main Supermarket Chains — Wal-Mart, Harps and Marvin’s IGA — all carry a few kosher items in each store year-round (look for Latin, gourmet or special diet sections), but certain locations have a wider variety than others. As Pesach nears, Wal-Marts on Sixth Street and Mall Avenue (in Fayetteville) and Fresh Market in Rogers have the best selection of kosher-for-Passover goods. Be careful when purchasing Passover products, since the stores often display Passover and non-Passover products side by side.
- Kosher Grape Juice (Knudsen Brand) is available at the Ozark Natural Foods Co-op, 1554 N. College Ave., Fayetteville 72703; (479) 521-7558. Check the label, because Knudsen makes both kosher and non-kosher grape juice.
- Kosher Wine — The widest selection of kosher wines in the area is stocked by Liquor World, 3330 N. College Ave., Fayetteville 72703; (479) 587-0480.
- Kosher Meat can be obtained from Chabad of Northwest Arkansas (479-464-7999, Rabbi@JewishNWA.org). Be sure to contact them in advance to check on availability.
- Bagels–There are many places where you can find bagels of all kinds. Einstein Bagels is located in Evelyn Hills Shopping Center in Fayetteville across from the VA Hospital and a 2nd location near the Promenade in Rogers. Just up the hill from Evelyn Hills is Rick’s Bakery. Just East of Fayetteville on HWY 62 is Briar Rose Bakery & Deli, 28 E Main St, Farmington. South of the NWA Mall is Panera, 3638 N Front St, Fayetteville. One block north of the Fayetteville Square is Little Bread Company, 116 N Block St. There is also Atlanta Bread Company 3196 N College Ave Fayetteville, AR.
- Challah– only on Friday’s at Stone Mill Bakery 2600 N Gregg Ave, Fayetteville. Briar Rose Bakery & Deli, 28 E. Main St, Farmington has challah on some Fridays.
- Lox—Sam’s, located north of the HWY540 Garland Street intersection in Fayetteville, carries lox most of the time.
- The Temple Shalom Gift Shop has a large selection of Judaica. Contact Beth at (479-582-1707 or email@example.com).
Life in Northwest Arkansas